Friday, April 29, 2011

Why Should I Blog?


It’s a simple question – and one I have been asking myself ever since it was suggested to me to begin a web log. Wouldn’t blogging just be one more thing I have to keep up with on a day to day or week to week basis? And just how much do I want others to read my thoughts? Also, I was under the impression that “blogging about my ideals” was something only extremist do.

Obviously, I was wrong. The truth seems to be it takes all kinds to make a blogverse. I’ve come across weird blogs, funny blogs, crazy blogs, interesting blogs, informative blogs, sweet blogs, the, yes, extremist blogs…you get the idea. So, that myth set aside, I have to ask myself… 

“Self, with so many options… To Blog… or not to blog?”

Well, blogging could be used as a source of steady writing inspiration and exercise. Of course, there is always the definite possibility that I will be my only reader. Also in the pro list, I can be funny… and that shouldn’t be hidden from the world........ I'm teasing. Blogging could also be used as an excuse to not watch wrestling with my boyfriend-soon-to-be-fiancé. 

Chancing lack of time and material, I don’t think I can pass up having a ready excuse to not focus on the television during Monday Night Raw. Also, I’ve heard new experiences are a good thing… nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Great start to a great blog JL. I'm looking forward to following your quirks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you and also plan to follow! Love, aunt cat.

    ReplyDelete