Tuesday, May 3, 2011

On the Eighth Day God Created Coffee...



“I don’t have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine.”

“No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee’s frothy goodness.”

“Chocolate, men, coffee – some things are better rich.”

There are a thousand quotes about coffee – and for good reason. Coffee is glorious! It’s hard to begin a day without its strong, dark goodness. Chocolate, vanilla, whipped cream, liquor, hazelnut, sugar… Anything can be added – or not added - to a cup of coffee and it’s still amazing. The best part of the morning is deciding to make a hot, black coffee or a sweet, iced coffee.

If I were forced to choose between coffee and my Kenneth Cain – it would possibly be the toughest decision of my life. I would choose my Kenneth Cain, of course, but he would have to put up with a cranky, headachy Jaimi-Lynn for the remainder of his existence.

The way I see it, I’m doing good. I’m not addicted to cigarettes, drugs, or alcohol – so I can live with this deep affection for a brewed beverage prepared from roasted coffee beans. At least I’ll have energy.

So, to close – and to further cement my coffee-loving nerddom – here are a few more quotes about coffee.

“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.”

“Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.”

“My blood type is coffee.”

And finally…

“I like my coffee like I like my men - sweet, strong, and hot.”  


Happy caffeinization!


No comments:

Post a Comment