Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm Back...

So, it's only been about 8 million years since my last post. But, since my last "caffeine-inspired" blog, my life has become something ridiculously close to a Lifetime movie. Actually, a Lifetime movie is more believable than what has been in the works lately.

First, the obvious change, Kenneth and I are no longer together... Guess that small but classy wedding we talked about will just not happen. Took awhile - hence the non-posting - but I've realized that some things happen for a reason and it's for the best. Cliche, yes, but true. 

Also, since my last post, my father and I have had a major falling out. Crazy, since he's such an amazing dad (not really) but I've finally had enough of his drama and have ceased speaking to him (at least for the time being.) It probably had something to do with him dating my fiance's mother and getting her pregnant while Kenneth and I were still dating and living together. Highly awkward. As an update, his mother and my father had a miscarriage, broke up (twice) and are now back together again. Theirs is a healthy kind of love.

Now, for the good things. Christmas and New Years passed in a decent fashion with no complaints from me. I got a Keurig coffee maker (AMAZING!) and spent time with my awesome family and friends. I got a raise, I've been working out (feeling good), I've been looking for a new place for my newly single self (kind of a fresh start), and I'm finally beginning to feel like 2012 might be a pretty great year.

I'm not naive enough to think that all of the drama is behind me - but I'm thinking that things are definitely looking up. Let's go 2012!!


No comments:

Post a Comment